- 2000 plus Wheelchair Reviews and Views compiled by the United Spinal Association. This website provides wheelchair users with a neutral environment for wheelchair reviews and views from other users, caregivers, and clinical staff, along with readily available manufacturer's information. You can also provide your own review of wheelchairs you've used. Search by wheelchair type, model, manufacturer, country of origin, etc. Over 1100 wheelchairs with descriptions; many with images and videos. New
- Luggage Tips for Wheelchair Travel – Packing to Carrying A wheelchair user needs significant trunk control to handle the weight of a heavily loaded backpack. So what do you do when you have a lot of stuff to carry combined with a maneuverable but "tippy" wheelchair?
- Wheelchair Travel Suitcase Bag New
- Action Products, Inc. makes wheelchair cushions and seating systems; heel and elbow protectors, and full mattress overlays for Rehab/DME markets
- Armrest Wheelchair Bags bags for your powerchair, wheelchair, or scooter add the ability to store your personal items in an easy to use, and conveniently located place. Secure, and weather resistant, these are the best wheelchair bags on the market.
- Drive Nitro Aluminum Rollator with 10″ front wheels, lightweight, folds up, adjustable height handles in standard, tall, and hemi (under 5’2″ ), comfortable seat and back support, weight limit: 300 lbs. New
- Autochair (wheelchair and scooter carriers). AutoChair designs and manufactures hoists and other aids to assist people with disabilities and reduced mobility to get into their car or van. [UK]
- Beach Wheelchairs there are so many sand-friendly wheelchairs, you might have a hard time choosing among them.
- EV Riders a complete line of powerful mobility scooters for elderly, seniors and disabled customers for every need and every budget: like the state-of-the-art Royale (both 4-Wheel and 3-Wheel versions available), the strong and most powerful SportRider™, the 1-2-3 folding TranSport, the beautiful and transportable RiderXpress and the powerful, fun and versatile Stand N Ride™ scooter for kids and adults wanting to have fun.
- Jet-Powered Wheelchair
- Emergency Evacuation and Stair Climbing Chairs and Attachments
- Freedom Concepts – Bicycles designs and builds bicycles and other mobility devices to help kids be kids. To let people enjoy the simple joy of movement. To create a cycle of mobility.
- How to Make Your House More Wheelchair Accessible New
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) Life Center
- Winning Wheels, a comprehensive rehabilitative care and independent living center. It combines the treatment regime typically associated with a rehabilitation hospital and the daily nursing care provided by a skilled nursing facility. All resources are concentrated on eliminating barriers to independent living. Winning Wheels is located on a picturesque 12 wooded acres in rural Northwestern Illinois. New
- Life on Wheels Documentary—a story of the coming mobility revolution. New
The film story: Life on Wheels tells the compelling story of a culture on the verge of a revolution that will transform our economy, our environment, and the rhythms of our everyday lives. In this feature-length documentary, a collection of mobility mavens, technologists, and dreamers takes viewers on a journey through the highways, back alleys, and futurescapes of transportation – how we get from here to there. Life on Wheels addresses the promises, dangers, and absurdities of our current auto-centric transportation system and explores new possibilities and stories of change. The subject of mobility has vast implications. It touches our core values of freedom, health, safety, and happiness. It hits our pocketbooks and impacts how we spend our time and energy. It literally shapes our landscapes, cities, and social conditions. The path we choose will have profound implications for us and for future generations.
- Ms. Wheelchair America
- Mobility Independent Transportation Systems, Inc. (M.I.T.S.) driving equipment, van conversions, scooters, and power chairs [Mid-Atlantic region]
- Mobility Outlet Cummings Mobility Conversions & Supply Inc. has been providing automobile conversions and adaptive devices for the physically challenged for over 30 years.
- Scalamobil the mobile stair climbing device for your wheelchair
- Scalamobil Fly Aisle Chair / Portable Boarding Aid Ideal for private jets, as well as commercial and regional aircraft. Assist mobility-impaired passengers to their seats. New
- Scootaround delivers to cruise ships, conferences, etc.
- SpinLife SpinLife's customer service staff provides logical buying advice for those who are not yet sure what type of product will work best for them. SpinLife also provides guaranteed low prices for quality products for those who know exactly what they need. Beds, patient lifts, cushions, parts, and New
- Towson Medical Equipment Company, Inc. scooters, powered and unpowered wheelchairs, seatlift and recline chairs, stairway elevators and wheelchair lifts, home modifications and grab bar installations, portable and permanent ramps, and medical supplies
- A Guide to Wheelchair Selection by Jean Minkel, MA, PT – A United Spinal Association TechGuide publication
- Wheelchair-Accessible Motorcycles New
- Wheelchair Manufacturer, Invacare Corporation, provides custom manual wheelchairs, IVC manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, top end everyday chairs, and high-performance sports and recreation wheelchairs
- Wheelchair and Scooter Express
- Wheelchair Network Accessories, Rollators, Scooters, Wheelchairs, Parts & Batteries, Bath Safety New
- Wheelchair International Network International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP) Seating and Mobility Academic Resource Toolkit (SMART) New
- Whirlwind Wheelchair International The RoughRider wheelchair makes it possible for every person who needs a wheelchair can obtain one that will lead to maximum personal independence and integration into society. Whirlwind has worked with wheelchair riders around the world to design durable and highly functional wheelchairs that perform well on rough terrain and are built in factories that contribute to local economic development.
- Lifts and ramps:
- Access Lifts & Service, Inc. providers of all services related to state of the art elevators and lifts for residential as well as commercial use
- AmRamp® buy or rent low cost modular ramps for wheelchairs, scooters and power chairs
- SureHands Lift and Care Systems
- VersaTran Lift, is designed to aid patients and caregivers who need assistance in the bed-to-lift and lift-to-bed transfer of patients
Reprinted with permission from the American Automobile Association, AAA World Magazine, May/June issue, 2000.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has published its first consumer brochure to help persons with disabilities select and purchase a car with adaptive equipment or modify an existing vehicle.
Adapting Motor Vehicles for Disabled People provides a step-by-step process to help consumers in the market for adaptive equipment evaluate their needs, select the right vehicle and find a qualified dealer to make the necessary vehicle modifications. General information is also included on cost-saving, licensing requirements and organizations to contact for assistance. A new vehicle modified with adaptive equipment can cost from $20,000-$80,000, so it pays to research any public or private organizations that can offer financial help.
According to NHTSA, there are more than 380,000 vehicles on the road today that have been adapted with new equipment such as mechanical and powered hand controls for gas and brakes, joystick steering, wheelchair lifts and low-effort braking systems. While the brochure focuses on drivers of modified vehicles, it also includes suggestions for drivers who transport passengers with disabilities.
The brochure is available on NHTSA's Web site at https://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/adaptive/brochure/. And as a PDF file. (629 K .pdf) Or call the Department of Transportation Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236.
- Adaptive Automotive Equipment (.pdf). [Not currently available—being updated for sale.] The United Spinal Association offers a free publication about adapting automobiles for disabled drivers. Significant improvements have been made in the technology of adaptive automotive equipment, giving individuals with spinal cord injuries or disorders (SCI/D) more options than ever for getting back behind the wheel of a car. Take a look at how adaptive controls can make a big difference in the quality of someone's life.
- NHTSA's Automotive Safety Issues for Persons with Disabilities