What is a SIG?
A Special Interest Group (SIG) gives people who have shared interests in a specific topic or field a place to combine their knowledge, share their experience, and support others.
- ACM/SIGACCESS – Special Interest Group on Accessible Computing, promotes the interests of professionals working on research and development of computing and information technology to help persons with disabilities.
- ACM/SIGDOC – Special Interest Group for Documentation
- ACM/SIGWEB – Special Interest Group on Hypertext, Hypermedia and Web
- ACM/SIGCHI – Special interest group on Computer-Human Interaction
- ACM/SIG UX – Special Interest Group for User Interface Design
- STC Accessibility SIG – Special Interest Group for accessibility in technical communication and documentation in the Society for Technical Communication (STC).
- STC UUX SIG – Usability & User Experience Special Interest Group (SIG) in the Society for Technical Communication (STC).