- Famous People Who Had Polio
- Global Polio Eradication Initiative: The disease and the virus from the World Health Organization (WHO).
- History of Polio in Canada
- Mayo Clinic: Post-Polio Syndrome Causes
- MedlinePlus: Polio and Post-Polio Syndrome from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Post-Polio Health International
Post-Polio Health International’s mission is to enhance the lives and independence of polio survivors and home ventilator users through Education, Advocacy, Research and Networking.
- NINDS Post-Polio Syndrome Fact Sheet provided by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Roosevelt's Little White House State Historic Site and Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation is a comprehensive rehabilitation facility that encompasses medical and vocational rehabilitation services and features internationally recognized specialty programs, extensive specialty services. "At Warm Springs, Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd president of the United States found the strength to resume his political career and a positive outlet for his own personal struggle with polio through creation of the Warm Springs Foundation. Roosevelt returned to use the therapeutic waters at Warm Springs every year, except 1942, from his first visit in 1924 until his death there in 1945."