- How Does a Screen Reader Work? from the Iowa Department for the Blind. (.pdf)
- 10 Best Screen Readers for Blind People (5 of these are FREE!) Last updated on July 15, 2019.
- List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired by Disabled World. Published: 2014/08/06.
- NVDA screen reader NV Access is a registered charity and software development company. We are the creators of NVDA, a free, open source, globally accessible screen reader for the blind and vision impaired. Recent Posts.
- Screen Magnification Systems Assistive technology product information from the American Foundation for the Blind. New
- Screen Readers and Screen Magnifiers: An Introduction to Computer Accessibility Software. Assistive technology product information from the American Foundation for the Blind. New
- How Blind People "See" the Internet.
- Screen readers article about what screen readers are and how to compare them. From the American Federation for the Blind.
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
The 'Disability Division' of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment will be strengthened by converting it into a separate Department, so that it can liaise effectively with all the other concerned Ministries/Departments and fulfill its responsibilities towards the disabled. Looking to the specialise nature of the subject on 'Disability', the wide ranging work to be done in the light of the UNCRPT, and the inadequacy of existing implementation structure, the time has now come to upgrade the existing Disability Bureau in the M/o SJ&E. The decision to create a separate Department of Disability Affairs within the M/o SJ&E was taken up by the Government, in principle on 3rd January, 2012. This was also announced by the President before both houses of Parliament on 12th March, 2012.
Now the two departments have been created under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment vide notification dated 12.5.2012, namely:-
(i) Department of Social Justice and Empowerment (Samajik Nyaya and Adhikarita Vibhag)
(ii) Department of Disability Affairs (Nishaktata Karya Vibhag) Since renamed as Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)
- National Portal of India Government – Disability
- Digital A11Y is a blog by Raghavendra Satish Peri. He works at Deque Software as Digital Accessibility Consultant slaying web accessibility & mobile accessibility challenges. He is actively focusing on enabling the wider design & developer community in India. He aims to increase Digital Accessibility and the importance of Digital Equality awareness.
- ICT for Persons with Disabilities in India These include dedicated ICT centres with Assistive Technologies (ATs) in rural educational, rehabilitation or vocational training centres for PwDs, accessible public access points in villages and special handsets with/without bundled content.
- Motor Assisted NARI Handicapped Rickshaw (MANHARA) Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI) has developed a very low-priced motorized vehicle for physically handicapped persons. MANHARA is motor assisted handpowered vehicle.
- National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP). NCPEDP is a cross-disability, non-profit organization, working as an interface between the government, industry, international agencies, and the voluntary sector towards the empowerment of persons with disabilities.
- Area of Focus: International Disability
- Ability & Disability Sites for Children and Families
- Disability Organizations
- Invisibile Disabilities
- Legal & Human Rights Resources