Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Ehlers-Danlos Society Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders, characterized by articular (joint) hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. There are six major types of EDS. The different types of EDS are classified according to their manifestations of signs and symptoms. Note: in 2016, the EDNF became the Ehlers-Danlos Society. [US]
- Ehlers-Danlos Support Group EDS is a genetic connective tissue condition that is a multi-systemic syndrome. Connective tissue covers over 95% of your body so there is little that escapes the symptoms. We strive to educate the medical community and fund research projects. We produce literature, DVDs and merchandise to increase understanding in managing the condition and run regular events and conferences to bring our community together. [UK]
- Hypermobility Syndromes Association (HMSA) aims to provide support and information to those affected by one of the hypermobility syndromes and to promote knowledge and understanding within the medical community and the public at large. We hope to assist sufferers to come to terms with the the distress that these conditions can cause. The severity of the effects varies with the individual: some have few symptoms others are severely affected. [UK]
- Marfan Foundation Before our founding in 1981, Marfan syndrome was largely unknown or misunderstood, but our tireless efforts have led to many life-changing advances in our fight for victory over Marfan syndrome and related disorders. We tirelessly advance the research for treatments that save lives and dramatically enhance quality of life for affected people.
- Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
- Wheelchairs and Scooter Resources
- WHO Releases New Wheelchair Provision Guidelines
- Japanese Robotics Experts Unveil Sci-Fi Wheelchair
- July is National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- Whirlwind Roughrider Wheelchair for Rough Terrain