- Florida Spinal Cord Injury Resource Center The Florida Spinal Cord Injury Resource Center (FSCIRC), established in January 1994, serves as the statewide clearinghouse of SCI resource information for persons who have survived an SCI, their families and friends, healthcare professionals, support groups, the media, and the general public.
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NSCIA) a program of the United Spinal Association. National Spinal Cord Injury Association, the membership division of United Spinal, was founded in 1948 to improve the lives of all paralyzed Americans.
- Designing a Wheelchair Accessible Kitchen New
- United Spinal Association United Spinal Association’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all people living with spinal cord injuries and disorders (SCI/D). We believe no person should be excluded from opportunity on the basis of their disability. Our goal is to provide people living with SCI/D programs and services that maximize their independence and enable them to remain active in their communities.
- Spinal Cord Injury Resources by State spinal cord injury related U.S. State organizations and associations that provide resources to those in their state.
- Stay Safe: Preventing Spinal Cord Injury (.pdf). The United Spinal Association has a publication about preventing spinal cord injury. Not many people believe they can become a statistic of spinal cord injury; however, it happens every day. It is important to know that spinal cord injury can happen to anyone at any time. There are some protective measures you can take to avoid getting a spinal cord injury.
- What is Spinal Cord Injury? (.pdf). The United Spinal Association has a publication about spinal cord injury. This brochure is a general introduction to SCI/D. Understanding what a spinal cord injury is and what diseases affect the spinal cord is not only the first stage of rehabilitation, it is also an important key to prevention.
Share with others