Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
The Call for Proposals is open for the 12th Annual National Village Conference (NVC) 2020, October 4–7,2020, in Charlotte, North Carolina.
All Villages and organizations supporting Villages are invited to share their expertise, research and best practices by submitting a presentation proposal to the Village to Village (VtV) Network by March 8, 2019. Preference will be given to those sessions that include a speaker from a Village as well as an expert or supporting organization. See the proposal brochure for suggested topics for presentations and workshops.
Redefine Aging in your Community through the Village Model
The Village Movement started with Beacon Hill Village in Boston over 15 years ago and today there are over 240 open Villages and more than 100 in development in 45 states and the District of Columbia.
To find, join, or start up a Village, see the Village Model.
What is a Village?
Villages are hyper-local neighborhood groups that help the aging population Age in Place in the location of their choice. They
- Are membership-driven, grassroots, nonprofit organizations
- Are run by volunteers and paid staff
- Coordinate access to affordable services
- Provide volunteer services including transportation, inspiring health and wellness programs, home repairs, social and educational activities
- Offer access to vetted & discounted service providers
- Are based on the needs of your community
- Are one-stop-shopping. Villages do anything their members need to age safely and successfully in their own homes
- Positively impact isolation, interdependence, health and purpose of their individual members to reduce overall cost of care