Last updated: May 22, 2016
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- America's Literacy Directory (ALD) is a national database of literacy programs available on the Internet and at the National Institute for Literacy's toll-free number. The ALD is a service of the National Institute for Literacy (NIFL)
- DeafRead DeafRead is an aggregator that gathers posts from deaf blogs and vlogs from all over the internet into one website.
- DeafRead blogs list contains active and inactive blogs that feed the DeafRead site.
- "Disability, Accessibility and Electronic Literacy" Special Topic in Currents in Electronic Literacy, Spring 2001 (No. 4)
- Daisy Consortium The DAISY standard is now an official NISO standard and is also recognized by the Library of Congress and the W3C. "The DAISY Consortium's mission is to develop the International Standard and implementation strategies for the production, exchange, and use of Digital Talking Books in both developed and developing countries, with special attention to integration with mainstream technology, to ensure access to information for people with print disabilities."
- English Works! Tutorial & Instructional Programs and Exercises Washington, DC: Gallaudet University
- International Literacy Association (ILA) is a nonprofit, global network of individuals and institutions committed to worldwide literacy. The Association supports literacy professionals through a wide range of resources, advocacy efforts, volunteerism, and professional development activities. Our members promote high levels of literacy for all
- Learning Ally While Learning Ally remains a leading provider of audiobooks – including the world's largest library of audio textbooks – our organization has blossomed to become a critical resource to not only students in need, but also their parents, families, and educators. From delivering parent services, webinars and tools for managing a learning difference to providing links to support networks, certifiers and professionals in the field of learning disabilities, our goal is provide a community of support – online, on the phone and in person. We help parents manage the challenges that come with supporting a child with a reading and learning disability.
- Sundance Literactive "Teaching Children to Read" Literactive is the leading provider of reading material for pre-school, kindergarten, and grade 1 students available online. The program is comprised of carefully leveled guided readers, comprehensive phonic activities, and a wealth of supplemental reading material which gradually develop a child's reading skills in a sequential and enjoyable manner. Developed and approved by teachers and parents across the United States, Literactive is the acknowledged leader in early learning online. It also provides an ESL version in Spanish for every Guided Readers, e-Poetry, e-picture books, and learning activities.
- Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS) This site offer an array of new, final publications from the old National Institute for Literacy (NIFL); the LINCS Resource Collections (online subject-oriented collections of high-quality instructional resources); archives of all NIFL webcasts; and a continuation of popular resources such as the news items and discussion lists.
- Literacy Software to Aid Struggling Students from Freedom Scientific, makers of WYNN and TestTalker
- Literacy Council of Northern Virginia
- Literacy Volunteers of the National Capital Area
- Maryland Adult Education and Literacy Services Program Adult Education and Literacy Services is housed within the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation as part of the Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning. Adults may prepare to earn a high school diploma through the GED® tests or the National External Diploma Program (NEDP).
- Practice Math & Language Arts | K–12
- Starfall for pre-kindergarten through second grade
- "The Reading Connection: Literacy Development and Homeless Children," by Eileen Hanning, Assistant Program Director for The Reading Connection, Arlington, VA
- The Reading Connection (TRC)
- U.S. Department of Education: Help My Child Read, Reading Resources
- Virginia Adult Learning Centers
Share with others