Last updated: January 14, 2019
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010: BJD Online No single organisation alone can accomplish the desired benefits for the patient. The Bone and Joint Decade is a multidisciplinary world wide initiative involving everyone concerned with the care of bone and joint disorders. The goal for the Bone and Joint Decade is to improve the health-related quality of life for people with musculoskeletal disorders throughout the world.
- Disability, including prevention, management, and rehabilitation World Health Organization (WHO)
- Disabled World Disability news and education
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and photo gallery
- International Commission on Technology & Accessibility (ITCA) – The International Symbol of Access (ISA) was developed and adopted by RI and ICTA in 1969.
- International League of Associations for Rheumatology (ILAR)
- International Paralympic Committee
- International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC)
- International Tennis Federation's Wheelchair Tennis
- Legislation and Policies Relating to Web Accessibility for AU – CA – DE – DK – ES – EU – FI – FR – HK – IN – IT – JA – NZ – PT – UK – US. The policy links on this page are compiled as a resource by the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG)
- ThinkCycle is an academic, non-profit initiative engaged in identifying and addressing design challenges related to underserved communities and the environment. ThinkCycle seeks to create a culture of open-source design innovation, with a collaborative community of individuals and organizations around the world.
- United Nations Ad Hoc Committee on a comprehensive and integral international convention to promote and protect the rights and dignity of persons with disabilities was developed and adopted by RI and ICTA in 1969.
- United Nations Enable Division for Social Policy and Development: Disability. Development of human rights for all.
- United Nations Enable FAQ "What is the definition of disability?" [United Nations]
- United Nations Human Rights, Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Status on the Ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, January 2013
- Declaration on the Rights of Mentally Retarded Persons Proclaimed by General Assembly resolution 2856 (XXVI) of 20 December 1971
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights Adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by General Assembly resolution 2200A (XXI) of 16 December 1966
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by General Assembly resolution 2200A (XXI) of 16 December 1966
- Principles for the protection of persons with mental illness and the improvement of mental health care Adopted by General Assembly resolution 46/119 of 17 December 1991
- Whirlwind Wheelchair International works to make it possible for every person in the developing world who needs a wheelchair to obtain one that will lead to maximum personal independence and integration into society.
- World Association of Persons with Disabilities
- World Usability Day: 13 November
- World Federation of Sleep Research & Sleep Medicine Societies (WFSRSMS)
- World Programme of Action Overview [United Nations]
- Humanity+ (formerly the World Transhumanist Association) is an international nonprofit membership organization which advocates the ethical use of technology to expand human capacities. Humanity+ is dedicated to developing knowledge about the science, technology, and social changes of the 21st century. We aim to deeply influence a new generation of thinkers who dare to envision humanity’s next steps.
Share with others