Last updated: March 1, 2015
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Hereditary Disease Foundation
- Huntington's Disease Society of America is dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by Huntington's Disease. Founded in 1968 by Marjorie Guthrie, wife of folk legend Woody Guthrie who lost his battle with HD, the Society works tirelessly to provide the family services, education, advocacy and research to provide help for today, hope for tomorrow to the more than 30,000 people diagnosed with HD and the 200,000 at-risk in the United States.
- Huntington's Disease Lighthouse Families this website helps guide you through the wealth of information available on the Internet for families affected by Huntington's disease.
- Huntington Society of Canada Our families and volunteers tell a powerful story of caring people who pull together to improve the quality of life for Canadians impacted by Huntington disease (HD). HD is a fatal hereditary brain disorder with devastating effects on both the mind and body. It is like having the symptoms of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Schizophrenia all in one disease. The good news is, with recent medical breakthroughs many researchers and scientists believe that once we are successful in stopping the progression of HD we will also find the answers to many other neurological diseases. This organization raises funds to deliver individual and group counselling service to support individuals and families living with Huntington disease (HD) and to fund medical research to delay or stop the progression of the disease. [Canada]
- Huntington's Disease Association exists to support people affected by the disease and to provide information and advice to professionals whose task it is to support Huntington's disease families. The HDA is financed through the generosity of trusts, foundations, the statutory and corporate sectors, branches of the HDA, members and friends. [UK]