Last updated: February 15, 2020
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Build an Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Emergency Preparedness information
- Define. Plan. Train. SPECIAL REPORT: 10 Considerations to Disaster Preparedness and Recovery, by Jana J. Madsen, Linda K. Monroe, Regina Raiford, and Clara M.W. Vangen, November 2001
- Emergency Evacuation and Stair Climbing Chairs and Attachments
- Emergency Evacuation and Traveler's Services
- Traveler's Emergency Network (TEN) an international membership organization dedicated to providing the best travel assistance services for a low annual membership fee: 24 hour access to medical experts, emergency evacuation, repatriation home after stabilization, transportation home for dependents, return of mortal remains, Seven Corners International, and many other travel benefits.
- Fire Safety for Wheelchair Users (.pdf)
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician (WEMT) training course
- Emergency Preparedness: Are You Ready for a Disaster?
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Fire Safety for Wheelchair Users (.pdf). The United Spinal Association offers some important tips to handle situations before and during a fire, and to address fire prevention within private homes. It is important to recognize that all people living with mobility impairments do not have the same type of home. Therefore, the tips should be used only as a model to be modified and adjusted to fit each individual's private residence.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- The Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities
- Home Safety for People with Disabilities (1 MB .pdf)
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Planning Checklist in Word format (1 MB .doc)
- Plan for Emergency Food Supplies
- Food Safety Tips
- National Storm Shelter Association
- National Weather Service
- National Weather Service Flood Safety Tips and Resources
Share with others