Last updated: May 26, 2016
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Build an Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Disability.gov Emergency Preparedness
- Define. Plan. Train. SPECIAL REPORT: 10 Considerations to Disaster Preparedness and Recovery, by Jana J. Madsen, Linda K. Monroe, Regina Raiford, and Clara M.W. Vangen, November 2001
- Emergency Evacuation and Stair Climbing Chairs and Attachments
- Emergency Evacuation and Traveler's Services
- Traveler's Emergency Network (TEN) an international membership organization dedicated to providing the best travel assistance services for a low annual membership fee: 24 hour access to medical experts, emergency evacuation, repatriation home after stabilization, transportation home for dependents, return of mortal remains, Seven Corners International, and many other travel benefits.
- Fire Safety for Wheelchair Users (.pdf)
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician (WEMT) to obtain the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) EMT certification and WMI's Wilderness EMT certification.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Emergency Preparedness
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Ready.gov [Listo.gov en español]
- Make a Plan
- Prepare For Emergencies Now: Information For People With Disabilities Download the PDF file (.pdf)
- Preparing Makes Sense Get Ready Now(.pdf)
- Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for Pet Owners (.pdf)
- Prepare For Emergencies Now: Information For Older Americans (.pdf)
- Commuter Emergency Plan (.pdf)
- Fire Safety for Wheelchair Users (.pdf). The United Spinal Association offers some important tips to handle situations before and during a fire, and to address fire prevention within private homes. It is important to recognize that all people living with mobility impairments do not have the same type of home. Therefore, the tips should be used only as a model to be modified and adjusted to fit each individual's private residence.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) The Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities
- Flood Safety Tips
- National Storm Shelter Association
- National Weather Service
Share with others