Last updated: May 26, 2016
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Ability Magazine
- Acceptable Terms
- ADA Information, City of Sacramento
- What is discriminatory language? from the University of Technology, Sydney [Australia]
- "Communicating with People with Disabilities," (26 K .pdf) by Mary Kendig, from the STC Orlando Chapter newsletter, Tech Trends, January / February 2000.
- Copyright (Visually Impaired Persons) Act 2002 [United Kingdom]
- Disability is Natural: "The mission of this site is to encourage new ways of thinking about disability and to help create a society in which all people are valued and included." This site includes a discussion of People First Language, which should be very valuable to technical communicators.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Section 504 handbook 4th edition, 2014 (See Chapter 4, "Disability Etiquette"
- Guidelines for Reporting and Writing about People with Disabilities from the University of Kansas Research and Training Center on Independent Living (RTC/IL). The guidelines show how to portray disability with respect and integrity. Download the PDF version
- Hearing Link.org [United Kingdom]
- United Nations Enable FAQ What is the definition of disability? [United Nations]
- World Programme of Action Overview [United Nations]