Last updated: May 30, 2016
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Cognitive Disability in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) Education
- Cognitive Disabilities Part 1: We Still Know Too Little, and We Do Even Less
- Cognitive Disabilities Part 2: Conceptualizing Design Considerations
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Stroke Association, is a division of the American Heart Association. Their Web site has information about risk assessment, prevention, treatment, recovery, caregiving, stroke family support information, and the usual "other."
- The Brain Attack Coalition, (six organizations—American Heart, National Stroke, National Institute of Neurological Disorders & Stroke, American Academy of Neurology, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, and the Stroke Belt Consortium). Their Web site includes print material and Audio-Visual material.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Resources
- Hypergraphia, a driving compulsion to write (or create in another media such as painting, blogging, etc.).
- PEAT™ (Planning and Execution Assistant and Training System) is a program designed to provide cueing and planning assistance for people with memory and attention disorders.
- Cognitive Disability Devices: ISAAC™ fully individualized cognitive prosthetic system
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy is epilepsy that is characterized by abnormal electrical activity in the temporal lobe of the brain. This activity does not cause grand mal seizures; rather, it causes unusual behaviors and patterns of cognition.
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) is a national non-profit, tax-exempt (Section 501(c)(3)) organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADHD. In addition to our informative website, CHADD also publishes a variety of printed materials to keep members and professionals current on research advances, medications, and treatments affecting individuals with ADHD.
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. (2001, July). "The Disorder Named AD/HD", by CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Fine, Lisa. (2001, May 9). "Research: Paying Attention." Ed Week.
- Kutscher, M. L. and Pruder, Douglas (2003). ADHD—Living Without Brakes The Tip of the Iceberg.
- Hallowell, Edward M. (1997, May/June). "What I've Learned from ADD." Psychology Today.
- Neimark, Jill. (1995, January/February). "It's Magical. It's Malleable. It's…memory…" Psychology TodayPsychology Today.
- Packer, L. E. (1998). "Overview of Executive Dysfunction."
- Talan, Jamie. (1998, July/August). "My Brain Belongs to Daddy." Psychology Today.
Share with others