Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
We encourage members and friends of the AccessAbility SIG to consider submitting a paper for Include 2009. This call for papers in the Caring Technology Research Announcement List was brought to our attention by member Lisa Pappas.
Include 2009, Royal College of Art, London 5-8 April 2009
Submission deadline: deadline October 1, 2008
The RCA Helen Hamlyn Centre is pleased to announce that we are now accepting papers for submission for Include 2009 Inclusive Design into Innovation: Transforming Practice in Design, Research and Business, to be held at the Royal College of Art, London 5-8 April 2009.
Please submit your paper here: (http://include09.kinetixevents.co.uk/)
Include 2009 will be the fifth International Conference on Inclusive Design and aims to engage those involved in all aspects of user-centred design practice, research and advocacy.
Papers are welcome that deal with inclusive design in its broadest sense and in any context of user-centred practice will be considered.
Suggested themes may include
- New and emerging practices
- New users (exploring beyond age and disability)
- New designers
- Realising new ideas
- People Centred Innovations
Issues and experiences that may be discussed include
- Changes in design education to encompass an inclusive approach
- Legislation and policy for inclusive design
- Collaborative research with users in inclusive design
- Boardroom barriers to inclusive design
- Excluding Design – who are we missing?
- Authors are invited to submit 6 page papers of previously unpublished work (including references and images). Please download the Include template at http://www.hhc.rca.ac.uk/1350/all/1/call_for_papers.aspx
- The conference language is English
- Please avoid any reference to your name or institution/company within the title or body of the paper for anonymous peer review
- All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings
- Accepted authors will be invited to present papers in either a podium or poster format
- We are not accepting proposals for workshops
- Keynote authors will be identified through review and will be invited to expand their original submissions
- Papers are to be received electronically through the Include website by 1 October 2008
To submit your paper go to: http://include09.kinetixevents.co.uk/
- 1 October 08 – Deadline for all submissions
- 8 December 08 – Announcement of reviewed papers
- 19 January 09 – Conference registration opens
- 26 January 09 – Authors deadline for amended submissions
- 5 April 09 – Opening Reception
- 6-8 April 09 – Include 09
Join the Include Network to register your interest in Include 2009 and receive registration discount at http://www.hhc.rca.ac.uk/210/all/1/include_network.aspx
If you have any questions or need further information, please email
More about the Caring Technology Research Announcement List
To join the Caring Technology Research Announcement List, send the message:
JOIN CARING-TEC-RESEARCH your_firstname your_lastname
The announcement archives are found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Caring-Tec-Research.html