Last updated: March 3, 2015
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Access Technology Blog from the National Federation of the Blind
- Adaptive Technology, Accessible Techcomm list of resources
- American Printing House for the Blind The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is the world's largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired.
- Apple® Accessibility Features Vision built into all Macintosh computers provides adjustable keyboard, an ergonomic mouse, CloseView screen magnification software, Easy Access system software (StickyKeys, SlowKeys, MouseKeys), electronic documentation, key-repeat disable, text-to-speech synthesis and voice recognition (PlainTalk), sticky mouse, and visual alert cues. The VoiceOver spoken English interface for Mac OS X is a fully integrated, built-in screen reader technology providing access to the Macintosh through speech, audible cues, and keyboard navigation.
- "A Few Notes on Buying a Computer" by Curtis Chong, Director of Technology, National Federation of the Blind, 2001
- GW Micro provides computer-based speech products. GW Micro is the maker of Window-Eyes, Vocal-Eyes, speech recognition and speech synthesizer software, and braille printers
- Humanware – see things differently computer tools that empower people to compete effectively in a sighted world
- Kurzweil optical recognition products for Macintosh and Windows platforms
- Low vision software Ai Squared maker of ZoomText magnification, and magnification with speech
- MAGic Screen Magnification Software with Speech MAGic opens up a whole new world of computing to low vision users. Whether you are surfing the Web, creating a document, e-mailing, or engaging in social networking, MAGic provides you the tools you need to work more efficiently.
- "Making Your Web Site Accessible to the Blind" by Curtis Chong, Director of Technology, National Federation of the Blind, 2008
- Mayer-Johnson Hand Held Voice®, a dynamic screen voice recorder from Ability Research
- RC Systems makers of Doubletalk speech synthesizers. RC Systems has been a market leader of low cost, high quality text-to-speech and voice synthesis products since 1983. You’ll find our voice synthesizers in a wide range of products, from talking ATMs to vending machines, and homeland security to space satellite telemetry systems.
- Talking Clocks products from Assistech Special Needs