Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- Accessibility Validator, HTML Validator, Spell Checker, Link Checker all in one tool! The Total Validator is a free one-stop validator or all-in-one validator comprising an HTML validation against the W3C Markup Specifications or ISO/IEC definition using the published DTDs (2.0, 3.2, 4.0, 4.01, ISO/IEC, XHTML 1.0 and 1.1), an accessibility validator that validates against the W3C WAI Accessibility Guidelines and US Section 508 Standard, a spelling validator (English, French, Italian, Spanish), a broken links validator, and the ability to take screenshots with different browsers to see what your web pages really look like.
Total Validator Tool – the Online tool that allows you to check up to 5 pages at a time.
Firefox Extension for the Total Validator Tool – the Online tool that allows you to check up to 5 pages at a time.
Total Validator Desktop Tool – the FREE desktop tool that checks one page.
Total Validator Desktop Tool Pro – the Pro desktop tool (GB£20, approx US$36, or €29) that allows you to check a whole site in one go – includes a Firefox extension. (Runs on Mac OS X 10.4+; Windows XP, 2000, 2003; and Linux supporting Java 1.5+)
- Accessibility collection of articles and tools from the University of Minnesota Duluth
- Accessibility Favelets Accessify offers useful downloadable scripts to help you check web pages with ease such as tagging abbreviations and acronyms.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar for Windows IE, is provided by the Accessible Information Solutions (AIS) team of Vision Auatralia. The toolbar has been developed to aid manual examination of web pages for a variety of aspects of accessibility and comes in several languages: English, Danish, German, Korean, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Web Developer Extension. The Web Developer extension adds a menu and a toolbar to the browser with various web developer tools. It is designed for Firefox, Flock, Mozilla, and Seamonkey, and will run on any platform that those browsers support including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The extension provides very helpful Web developer tools including accessibility and code validators, Edit CSS, code outliners, display features, and much more.
- A-Prompt (Accessibility Prompt), developed by the University of Toronto, is a software tool designed to help Web authors improve the usability of Web pages created in HTML format (available in English, French, and German). A-Prompt first evaluates an HTML Web page to identify barriers to accessibility by people with disabilities. A-Prompt then provides the Web author with a fast and easy way to make the necessary repairs. The tool’s evaluation and repair checklist is based on accessibility guidelines created and maintained by the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium. (Windows 98/98SE/2000/Me/XP only.) [Canada / U.S.A.]